Phone: (919) 787-7711
Facsimile: (919) 787-7710
Daniel “Dan” C. Pope, Jr. joined Wilson Ratledge in 2017, and is of counsel to the Workers’ Compensation section of the practice. Board certified as a Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law, Mr. Pope has represented employers and their insurers since completing his clerkship with the North Carolina Industrial Commission in 1989. He serves as co-chair of the Workers’ Compensation Subcommittee of the North Carolina State Bar’s Board of Legal Specialization and frequently lectures on workers’ compensation topics, including at the 2021 North Carolina Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Section annual conference and 2019 Industrial Commission Education Conference.
Mr. Pope graduated from North Carolina State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature before attending Law School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he obtained his Juris Doctor degree in 1988. His articles include Compensability of Accident Claims, NC Bar Association 1992 (revised 2015); Causal Relationship and Apportionment, NBI 1994 (revised 2014); How Medical Issues Factor Into the Settlement Process, NBI 2006; and Medicare Set-Aside Issues in Workers’ Compensation Claims, NBI 2014. Prior to joining Wilson Ratledge, Mr. Pope practiced workers’ compensation defense with Brooks, Stevens & Pope, PA.
Mr. Pope has also been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell as an AV Preeminent attorney and was credited as a 2020, 2021, and 2022 North Carolina Super Lawyer, confirming peer recognition and professional achievement
Outside of the office, Mr. Pope’s interests include American and European History, distance running and other outdoor pursuits. He attends Saints Cyril and Methodius Byzantine Catholic Church in Cary.
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation Defense
- Firearms Trusts and Transfers
- J.D. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1988
- B.A. North Carolina State University, 1985
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation by the North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association: Member, Workers’ Compensation Section
- Fellow, College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers