Phone: (919) 787-7711
Facsimile: (919) 787-7710
Dan Pope is Of Counsel to Wilson Ratledge’s Workers’ Compensation Section. Board certified as a Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law by the North Carolina State Bar, Mr. Pope has represented employers and their insurers since leaving his clerkship with the North Carolina Industrial Commission in 1989. He has earned Martindale-Hubbell’s “AV” rating, the highest possible, and was recently admitted as a Fellow to the College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers. He frequently lectures on workers’ compensation topics, and is available for corporate training events.
Mr. Pope graduated from North Carolina State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature before attending Law School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he obtained his Juris Doctor degree in 1988. His articles include Compensability of Accident Claims, NC Bar Association 1992 (revised 2015); Causal Relationship and Apportionment, NBI 1994 (revised 2014); How Medical Issues Factor Into the Settlement Process, NBI 2006; and Medicare Set-Aside Issues in Workers’ Compensation Claims, NBI 2014. He has recently presented on Workers’ Compensation issues for the National Business Institute and the North Carolina Industrial Commission’s Education Conference. Prior to joining Wilson Ratledge, Mr. Pope practiced workers’ compensation defense with Brooks, Stevens & Pope, PA.
Outside of the office, Mr. Pope’s interests include American and European History, distance running and other outdoor pursuits. He attends Saints Cyril and Methodius Byzantine Catholic Church in Cary.
Areas of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation Defense
- Firearms Trusts and Transfers
- J.D. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1988
- B.A. North Carolina State University, 1985
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Board Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation by the North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association: Member, Workers’ Compensation Section
- Fellow, College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers