When it comes to seeking legal representation for your professional practice, corporation or association, sooner is better than later. It is best to obtain a lawyer’s guidance before decisions are made and documents are finalized. Otherwise, potential problems may be avoided, exposing your business to the possibility of litigation.
Our firm has represented physicians, dentists, attorneys, accountants, engineers, architects, and other professional practice clients throughout North Carolina.
Collaborating with the attorneys at our Firm helps you make the best possible decisions regarding a broad range of legal matters. We regularly provide counsel on the matters that affect you, including:
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing partnership agreements and related documents
- Choosing the best business entity for your practice
- Avoiding and/or resolving potential disputes that may arise among professional members of the practice or between an employee and the practice
- Developing and implementing employment practices to avoid or reduce the impact of employment litigation
- Negotiating agreements for admission of new or agreements upon the termination or retirement of current owners
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting employment agreements involving restrictive covenants such as non-compete agreements, non-disclosure agreements and nonsolicitation agreements
- Limiting liability for professional malpractice
- All aspects of practice acquisition and disposition