Wilson Ratledge represents executors and trustees in all aspects of administration disputes, fiduciary issues and settlement of complex estates and trusts, as well as beneficiaries relating to their interests in estates and trusts, including complex tax issues.
The professionals at Wilson Ratledge routinely advises clients on the management and conservation of assets, tax issues and administrative procedures.
Difficult issues related to incapacity and guardianships often arise and we have extensive experience representing guardians and wards, as well as interested family members and friends.
Whether litigating will disputes, representing executors or personal representatives, protecting beneficiaries or counseling trustees, we actively help our clients. Our broad estate and trust litigation experience includes:
- Breach of fiduciary duty disputes and lawsuits
- Interpretation of testamentary documents
- Judicial modifications of trusts
- Lack of testamentary capacity
- Preparation and analysis of trustee’s accounting
- Pursuing or preventing termination of trusts
- Resignation or removal of trustees
- Undue influence allegations
- Validity of wills or codicils
- Will contests
It is not uncommon for probate issues to intersect with other legal issues and disciplines such as tax, real estate, corporate/securities and insurance. Because Wilson Ratledge is full service, they can be there every step of the way.