N. Hunter Wyche concentrates his practice on the representation of creditors’ interests in commercial bankruptcy, commercial and bankruptcy litigation. He is also a certified mediator.
Mr. Wyche was one of the first attorneys to be recognized as a certified specialist in consumer and business bankruptcy law by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Specialization when the program originated in 1987. He served on the Board’s Committee on Specialization in Bankruptcy from 1989 to 1991 and as a Chair of that committee from 1992 to 1994. He was also certified as a specialist in bankruptcy law by the American Board of Certification.
As a North Carolina bankruptcy lawyer, Mr. Wyche is a frequent speaker on bankruptcy and ethics for the American Bar Association, National Business Institute, the North Carolina Bar Association, Wake Forest University, and the Bureau of National Affairs. He served as a course planner for the Bankruptcy Law Institute 1990 and authored Representing the Unsecured Creditor in Bankruptcy, General Practice Journal, vol. 2, no. 3 (Jan. 1988).
Mr. Wyche has been recognized as one of North Carolina’s Legal Elite bankruptcy attorneys several times since 2001 in Business North Carolina and has also received the Super Lawyer designation on a number of occasions. He is also a licensed North Carolina real estate broker.
Mr. Wyche has served as an adjunct Professor of Debtor/Creditor Law at Campbell University Law School.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Bankruptcy
- Bankruptcy Litigation Commercial/Business Litigation Receivership/State Law Insolvency
- Certified Mediator
- J.D., Campbell University, 1980
- B.B.A., University of North Carolina and Campbell College, 1976
- North Carolina, 1980
- United States Supreme Court, 1984
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 1988
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina, 1980
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina, 1982
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina, 1984
- Board Certified Specialist in Business and Consumer Bankruptcy Law, North Carolina State Board of Legal Specialization.
- Formerly Certified in Business Bankruptcy Law by the American Board of Certification.
- North Carolina Bar Association (Member, Committee on Specialization in Bankruptcy Law 1991-1994, Chairman, 1993-1995; Vice Chair, Grievance Committee, 1999-2005)
- Wake County Bar Association (Member, Grievance Committee, 1987-1995, Chairman, 1994-1995)
- Commercial Law League of America (Vice-Chairman, Bankruptcy Law Committee, 1986)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Bar Association